May 31, 2008

L'ecran d'argent

UPDATE: Apparently I missed a few, but as I related to a colleague, we could have a whole category for Tarentino:
Resevoir Dogs
"Butch"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Someone recently asked me about some of my favorites.
So, off the top. Most are predictable and Hollywood.

Science Fiction:
Blade Runner
Star Wars, Episode 6
Outland
Serenity
The Thing
Clockwork Orange
2001

Crime /Drama/ Suspense:
Shawshank Redemption
Miller's Crossing
Dog Day Afternoon
Serpico
The Usual Suspects
Dead Ringers
Sexy Beast
Croupier

War:
Apocalypse Now
Guns of Navarone
Platoon
Thin Red Line
Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket

Baseball:
The Natural
8 Men Out
Field of Dreams

History/ Bio:
Ghandi
Schindler's List
The General
Richard III
Pollock

Comedy:
So I married an Axe Murderer
The Big Lebowski
Withnail and I
Silverado
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Shawn of the Dead
Office Space
The Sting

No comments: