April 22, 2009

Me and Wil

Some of you might have noticed that I'm stalking Wil Wheaton (@wilw.).
His personal journey, writings, affability, open geekness and beliefs have (no joke) fascinated and well, inspired me for years - I even bought a copy of Dancing Barefoot when it first came out. Plus, he is a hockey fan and former goalie. Oh yeah, and in showbiz.


My goal
- as sad as this may seem - is to have a little ping-pong with him online.

Don't get me wrong, if he's in town and wants to have coffee, I'm totally there.
But, when half a million people are hanging on your every word, I imagine it's hard to respond to fan mail. So, I won't get my hopes up.
The point is that I now can readily empathize/identify with him because of his blog and tweets.
The interwebs do in fact make Earth an accessible, smaller place (at least for Gen X, affluent Canucks).

No comments: