February 07, 2010

Huh, I guess I'm in Beijing

Have been in transit/awake for 30h. now, so you'll have to bear with me.

We arrived here at about 5pm on Sunday (after leaving Calgary at 8am on Saturday). This whole International date line thing is a bit of a boggler.

We're staying in the Business district, but we still managed to stretch our legs tonight and visit a local 'goods' market. With Matt's haggling assistance, I procured a nice 'Rolex' as well as some other nifty doodads.

We're off to the Great Wall and other significant monuments tomorrow before doing what we came to do - business.

As an aside, and as you might well imagine, Twitter and Posterous are blocked here (at least on the network we have access to). After some Matrix-like lateral thinking, we figured out how to make this work.

I'll post up more photos as they come.

Posted via email from John Hutchings

No comments: